Most headaches have more than one contributing cause. They may be due to dehydration, stress, desk work, bad pillows and much more. They can also take the form of migraines, which affect 4.9 million Australians1 and greatly impact overall health and wellbeing.
Because headaches are so common, most people think getting a headache is a normal part of life. Although it may be easy to take certain medication to mask the pain, if you’re a constant sufferer it could be time to try something new.
If you suffer from headaches, here are a few tips that may help manage and prevent their reoccurrence:
- Make sure to stay hydrated throughout the day and drink plenty of water.
- Don’t let stress build up – try meditation and mindfulness techniques.
- Look after your posture – headaches are often caused by neck problems.
- Eat regular healthy meals – pay attention to see if certain foods trigger your headaches.
Why not consider a chiropractor as well to help manage your headaches? Chiropractors use specific, gentle spinal adjustments to help alleviate headaches and can also provide lifestyle advice on helping to prevent their reoccurrence.
The focus of chiropractic care is on addressing the root cause of the problem, not just the symptoms – this can create the potential for long lasting pain alleviation.
1. Migraine in Australia whitepaper: https://www2.deloitte.com/au/en/pages/economics/articles/migraine-australia-whitepaper.html