Grab your paper, scissors, and pens, it’s that time of the year again: back to school! As we get our children ready for school, it can certainly be a busy time. New shoes, books and uniforms the list is never ending!
It’s also forever growing and perhaps as quickly as your children grow. So, let us help you and your kids great ready for the new year ahead, with the return of our Back to School Health Checklist, as part of our annual Back to School campaign.
Our Health Checklist is a fun and easy to follow guide, and checklist, for you and your children to use at home (and at school) to develop healthy habits. Most importantly, our checklist provides a structure for your children to build healthy daily routines around for their growing minds and bodies!
It is commonly understood that routines are the fundamental building blocks for growing healthy habits and minds for young kids. So, these daily habits are not just easy to incorporate, but will help develop and maintain your children’s overall health and wellbeing right throughout the year!
Watch our ‘Back to School’ video below and try ticking some of these steps off below:
- Wear your backpack with both straps, only pack essential items with heaviest items to the back of the bag.
- Secure the waist and chest straps.
- Pack a healthy and nutritious lunch and snacks.
- In the classroom, sit with your shoulders back and relaxed, with both feet on the floor.
- Try and reduce your screen time where possible.
- Get at least 60 minutes of exercise every day.
You can pick up your complimentary Back to School Health Checklist from your local ACA chiropractor or if you are concerned about your child’s spine or any other back to school related activities, consider an ACA chiropractor today!
For more information on our Back to School campaign, visit backtoschool.org.au