2022 Applications Now Open
Applications for the ACA Study Grant Scheme are now opened and will close Friday 18 February 2022.
The ACA National Study Grant Scheme (ACANSS) is available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people who are studying a chiropractic degree in Australia.
It is an ACA initiative designed to encourage and assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in chiropractic to complete their studies and join the health workforce. ACA has a strong relationship with Indigenous Allied Health Australia (IAHA), the national not-for-profit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health organisation, who will be a key partner in the selection and support of the successful candidate.
For an application form click here.
For updates on future study grant rounds please contact ACA at email@example.com or IAHA at www.iaha.com.au/allied-health-careers/scholarships/
The following criteria must be met:
- Applicant must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
- Must identify as and be able to provide a confirmation of their Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander status.
- Be enrolled or accepted into an entry-level or graduate entry level chiropractic course. Funding is not for postgraduate study. Supporting documents will need to be provided.
- Are a current member of or willingness to join the Australian Chiropractors Association.
- Are a current member of or willingness to join Indigenous Allied Health Australia.
Value of study grant
Funding is provided for one year of the course. Full-time study grant awardees will receive up to $10,000 per year and part-time recipients will receive up to $5,000 per year. The funding is paid in installments throughout the study period of the year.
These are competitive study grants and will be awarded on the recommendation of the independent selection committee whose assessment will be based on how applicants address the following questions:
- Describe what has been your driving influence/motivation in wanting to become a chiropractor.
- Discuss what you hope to accomplish as a chiropractor in the next 5-10 years.
- Discuss your commitment to study in chiropractic.
- Outline your involvement in community activities, including promoting the health and well- being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- How the scholarship will benefit the applicant professionally, personally and culturally. The ACA Study Grant scheme is funded and administered by ACA.
The study grant is an initiative of ACA. At present, one scholarship is available per academic year. Students can apply for the scholarships from their first to final years of study.
Applications will be reviewed by the Study Grant Review Panel appointed by ACA and IAHA. Applicants will be required to complete the application form. The Study Grant Review Panel will evaluate applications using unweighted criteria. Unweighted criteria are most appropriate, because they allow the review panel maximum flexibility to apply their professional judgement in the full evaluation of each individual application. Applicants must be:
- An Australian resident and of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background.
- Currently enrolled in a program of study in Australia leading to registration as a chiropractor.
Applications must be supported by a reference from a representative of an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander organisation. The decision of the Study Grant Review Panel will be final and is not subject to appeal by an applicant. ACA reserves the right not to distribute grant monies if suitably qualified applicants cannot be found. Applications open on 1 December 2021 and close 18 February 2022. For an application form click here.
For further information please contact ACA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8844 0400.