The Pain Management group are happy to announce their first webinar titled Pain Science in the Clinic, presented by Osteopath Alison Sim.
This hour long webinar will review the latest science regarding pain, and most particularly persistent or chronic pain, from an experienced allied health practitioner working in a pain management facility.
As our scientific understanding of pain has evolved over the last 20 years dramatically, keeping up can be tough. This webinar will provide a breakdown of the neuroscience concepts that are relevant to manual clinical practice and the evidence that guides us on how we can use that science to get better outcomes in the clinic.
It will cover the neuro-physiological changes that we see in acute to chronic pain progression, which allows us to define targeted ways to identify individuals at risk and better help those who have chronic pain.
Participants will learn how to communicate the most recent pain science to patients.
- Understand concepts of acute pain versus chronic pain and the process that contributes to the progression to chronic pain;
- To better understand the clinical implications of what this information teaches us;
- To review the eﬃcacy of some of the approaches that are known to work best in the chronic pain setting according to the literature;
- To integrate this into how we identify patients at risk and how we might change our approach to better meet their needs.
- Pain Management Member: Free
- ACA Member: $33.00
- ACA Student: Free
- Non ACA member: $66