About this group
Neuroscience Interest Group was established to meet the growing enthusiasm from chiropractors, and to stay up-to-date with the latest research and development in the field of Neuroscience.
Aims and Objectives
- Promote and facilitate continuing education for chiropractors in the field of clinical neuroscience with knowledge translation and skill acquisition.
- To broaden the use of neuro-rehabilitation and brain-based therapies for patients with neuro-musculoskeletal (n-MSK) and neurological conditions.
- To promote and facilitate improvements in best practice standards for chiropractors in the field of clinical neuroscience. This will include standardisation documents on the utilisation of various modalities and techniques in both assessment and management.
- Develop risk management policies, guidelines and procedures that protect the patients, the practitioners and the profession.
- Assist the public and profession in identifying those chiropractors suitably trained in the field of neuroscience.
- Advocate and represent chiropractors with regulatory bodies and policy makers.
- Support chiropractors and tertiary institutions in related research to show efficacy and effectiveness of chiropractic with n-MSK and brain-based conditions.