History of Sports & Exercise Group
The Sports & Exercise Clinical Practice Group (Sports Chiro Australia) was established over 30 years ago, and has seen several name changes in that time. Sports & Exercise started out as the Australian Chiropractors Association (ACA) Council on Sports Injuries and Performance.
Sports & Exercise Vision Statement
To enhance the health of physically active Australians through chiropractic care and to increase integration and cooperation with others in sports healthcare.
Sports & Exercise Mission Statement
- Enhance and develop the expertise of chiropractors who are active in sports injury prevention and management through education, research and professional relationships.
- Create a means for connecting the public with chiropractors with an interest and skills in sports chiropractic.
- Develop partnerships with similar organisations for the benefit of the Australian sporting community.
- Share knowledge and resources to further the understanding of injury prevention, injury management and performance enhancement for the physically active.
- Be an active and valuable member of the sports medicine community in Australia. Contribute to creating a safer sporting environment for all Australians.
Sports & Exercise Committee
- Brad Immermann – Chair
- Natalie Sharp- Vice Chair
- Adam Gavine, Research Officer
- Luke Nelson – Education Officer
- Lyndall Daley – Communications Officer
- Teghan Butler – Events/Games Officer
To read more about committee members click here.